The news is not good...
Unfortunately, the solution provided by Blue Line Eraser did not work. I used the White Line Eraser, filled the pen, and scrubbed in every direction. This was the corner I treated after it had dried:
As you can see, the white lines are still there. I was disgusted... crying... upset... all of it. So my loving family and I went out to dinner in an attempt to not think about this quilt, even if only for an hour and a half. Here's a peek at the wonderful dinner:
It was nice, nice to not be fretting about the quilt. Well, that lasted for a little while. Of course, sleep was elusive so I tossed and turned and thought about the quilt. Joe tells me I'm nuts, that I should just send it out to the exhibit and then let it sit as a reminder (aka learning experience). That I should just stop, give no more worry to this quilt and be done. I can't... it is like a little piece of me and I know that somehow it can be fixed and shown.
Well, this morning rolled around. Blue Line had already messaged me to see how the solution worked. I responded and explained that at this point my only solution is to try painting over the lines with a black Shiva Paintstik. That was the only thought that worked in my entire night of tossing and turning. Why did the lines come out in Blue Line's test sample and not on my quilt? That I don't know, perhaps because my markings had been on the quilt for almost a month? We will probably never know. I do know that I'll probably never use this pen again. Please don't think this is Blue Line's fault -- the are not the manufacturer of the pen. And they did come up with a solution that worked on their test samples. We are still waiting to hear back from the pen manufacturer. Again, it is a freak thing -- the lines went away when soaked, but they were still there you just couldn't see them -- unless you are using a flash -- crazy, strange, just an unknown! So until there is a solution that just spritzes it away (even with the flash) it's not something I'll be using.
So, this morning I grabbed my trusty black Shiva paintstik and a brush and started painting. Here is that same corner after using the Shiva paintstik -- not perfect, better.
So I continued, here's another view - the left is not painted, the right area is:
It looks like I have a lot of painting in the next few days. As well as snapping a million flash pictures to see where I have missed and need to repaint. All while hoping and praying that it is not going through to the back. If that happens I'll be done... at least with this quilt. Oh, and I still have to bind this quilt. Looks like I'll be falling more behind on my client schedule - thank goodness for overnight deliveries, that should give me a few extra days to get this finished. I'll still share the finished pictures when I'm actually finished... I guess I wasn't kidding when I called this the quilt that refused to be finished!