Yay storm delay. Nope, those aren't words I say very often, but tonight it was true. I had just finished basting a client quilt and boom... Thunder and lightning, and it was loud. Okay, no quilting for me tonight. Wait, I should be working on the Pelicans!
I hand washed the newest piece of silk that I ordered, swishing and scrunching making sure all excess dye was released. Then I waited for the piece to fluff dry and then a nice press and I was ready. I began marking the areas of the water than will be painted. Unfortunately, marking was a far as I got tonight. Sleepy eyes were kicking in and that is definitely not a good start for painting. So here's where I'm at...
I'm excited to be working on this again. Changing from the appliquéd water to painted water was definitely the right direction.