Here's what happened since the last post:
I decided on the freehand painted background -
Lots of invisible applique:
Loading of the beautiful ice-dyed backing (this one was dyed by Helia Ricci):
And then the quilting:
And then the blocking and drying:
The first facing.
Believe it or not, this was my first time facing a quilt. On my first attempt, I cut my pieces, folded in half and pressed and then attached to the four sides of the quilt. Well, I was so unhappy with the miters this happened:
After talking with my friend I decided to do a full facing (waste a lot of fabric). And since I really wanted some wow, I decided to curve the edges.
Just a little bit more and it will be finished!
So that's it... it went by a lot faster in pictures!