So anyway, let's share -- well, I'll share, you read...
We'll start with one full M bobbin of YLI Candlelight thread (super cool stuff).
Now I'll share what the stitch out of one full M bobbin looks like. Not much, but the effect is absolutely awesome.
Remember, we're working from the back so to help me stitch my name I used a piece of stabilizer.
And here's a close up peek at some of the detail. Don't worry about those little glittery feathers in the bottom right corner -- I'll get to them later.
So after the first bobbin full I was happy, but not thrilled, I still had some tweeking of tensions to do. So round two started:
Still not perfect... even more adjustments, and
Viola! Now I was a happy girl! Not too much build up, good stitches, perfect in my little world. So, what do I try next... Superior Glitter thread.
So the Glitter thread wasn't as happy as the Candlelight with the current settings. That is another day's spare moments. I was happy with the adjustments for the Candlelight so I left that bobbin case as is. I'll be ordering some more Candlelight thread and I'll be using in on my latest UFO that I worked on over the weekend.
I had a mexican pinwheel feathered star (Marsha McCloskey pattern) that had been sitting around collecting dust. So I pulled it out -- this is what it looked like (actually is was extremely wrinkly so I gave it a real quick pressing):
Then I worked on it over the weekend, and now it looks like this (still wrinkly):